Saturday, December 12, 2009

Who Am I?

untitled

Have you ever woken up in the morning and asked yourself the most basic question of all times – Who am I? Have you ever faced a situation when such a question was thought of and you didn’t have any words, whatsoever? To move to the path of self-discovery, this is one question that must be answered, and that too with utmost honesty!

Like all, I was also jinxed by this question every single morning I woke up! I used to wonder what to think of it….let alone answer it. But you can’t really judge yourself the way you judge others, now can you? Because when you think of it, everyone thinks they are the best…and so when judgement calls….we tend to get biased for ourselves. What we also tend to get biased for is God. For when something good happens to us, we get all the praises, and we claim that it was our hard work that this thing happened. But when something doesn’t really work out for us, we tend to blame God for it. I know, there are many who do not believe in God. And in that case, they tend to believe that bad things happened because of their bad luck….which is in a sense nothing but blaming a power above them – and that to me is GOD!

I am not writing all this because I have been able to figure out the answer to the question asked above. No, I am far from that answer. But why I felt like writing was because I witnessed something, and I was moved, and I thought I should share it with every one. Recently I went to this show, where a performance really touched my heart. It wasn’t a dance sequence or someone singing, for it was a mere hand that took me by surprise. If you didn’t understand what I am talking about, just check out the video below, and after you do…think of the question I raise today…Who Am I? Is it really all in my hands?

Statutory Warning: Please turn on your speakers to full volume to maximise the effect before you start the video. Also, you might think that you just hear the music but see nothing in the video, have some patience and then you will too feel the magic! Enjoy :)

5 comments:

Nakul said...

This is absolutely astonishing !... Just love the lyrics, the performance, the whole feel that it infuses into you !

Unknown said...

@Nakul: I know! And watching it LIVE was even more astonishing! I am so glad that I took the decision to go see that event that day....and I now know that I am blessed! :)

Jinju S. said...

Hi!

Stopping by ur blog for the first time.... Good work!

And the video was truly inspiring and heart-warming. What show was it?

Unknown said...

@Jinju: First of all, thanks for stopping by. It always feels great to see that there are people out there who like to read....and yes, appreciation is always welcome! :D
And yes, the video is amazing....this show was a Pre-Christmas celebration to lift up the spirit ad to bring the Christmas cheer to town by the company I work for....and it worked! I wasnt this alert ever before in my Life! :)

Krazy Electrons said...

Was going through ur blog for the first time..! Liked it all the way...!
Liked the Video tooo! God bless!

www.reverbnation.com/krazyelectrons